ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Responsible for the entire audit all weekly & biweekly payroll related functions of the department. Including but not limited to payroll keypunch, gross to net, Worker’s Compensation audits, union dues bills and union benefits, also audit management benefit bills like the Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, Medical and 401k payments.
·Keeps abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponds with federal, state and local tax agencies in problem situations.
·Responsible for payroll data entry including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions and to set schedules.
• Financial Audits, 5500 Forms
• Reviews and schedules audits to ensure that each area (described above) is audited in a timely manner; initiates spot audits when necessary.
• Ensures that audit procedures for automated systems are developed, including internal computer checks and balances as required.
• Assist Corporate Accounting Department with request & projects as needed. Serve as a liaison between Accounting Department and Payroll Department.
·Oversees the coordination of the internal audit program with outside examiners and auditors.
Serve as a back-up for the Payroll Manager. Payroll is for over 1100 employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a must.
• Professional Experience: 5 years to 10+ years experience and/or formal training in accounting, auditing, and regulatory compliance and reporting.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Requires appropriate interpersonal skills.
Strong Excel knowledge.
·PAYCHEX; (PREVIEW) knowledge a MUST. ADP or other software is not good enough.
Benefits include medical, dental, 401K plan & transit check.