Our client – an established commercial real estate company located in Lake Success, Long Island – is currently seeking a temporary Administrative Assistant.
The Admins’ role includes:
Providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. He/she will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The AA is primarily responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures is required. Furthermore, he/she must possess the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
This candidate may direct and lead the work of others; Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, thus a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The Admin typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Research and creates presentations
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Develop administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling
- or repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating
- needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
- Reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
- rofessional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements for senior managers
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk when required
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Resolve administrative problems
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Manage staff appointments
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior staff
- Maintain up-to-date employee holiday records
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
We will only consider applicants living locally or able to commute to Lake Success for this position.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest.