A preferred supplier to the metalworking and industrial markets worldwide is currently seeking a Controller.
If you are an analytical, detailed-oriented, organized team player and leader, who would like to join a family-owned business, this opportunity is for you!
- Responsible for budgets, financial statements, tax reporting, audit and for maintaining the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- A successful candidate for this role must have at least a total of 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience with; including 2 years of supervisory experience. Manufacturing/Wholesale experience is required. He or she must be able to set priorities, manage an accounting team, and be able to work in a team directed environment. He or she must have technical skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Essential duties & responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manage the Accounting team (including AR, AP and Cash Application) and resolves daily Accounting issues.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting area and ensure the month close is completed accurately per GAAP and within the monthly close cycle, including the preparation and review of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations and key accruals.
- Prepare and presents monthly financial statement to management.
- Participate in strategic planning activities/provide KPI’s to measure business projects.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, on short notice from Management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without any sponsorship requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required. Master’s degree in Accounting and Active Certified Public Accountant CPA preferred.
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience with; including 2 years supervisory experience required.
- Experience in a Manufacturing/Wholesale environment and ERP is required.
- Deep understanding of accounting, and corporate finance concepts and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills with demonstrable ability to construct financial models and reports using Excel. Knowledge with macros, VBA and SQL is preferred.
- Strong attention to details and a solid analytic skill base.
- Strong desire to delivery timely financial information by working long hours during month-end close.
- Ability to proactively manage priorities and goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Exhibit strong decision making skills and the ability to grasp and communicate complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all organizational levels, including internal/external management. Be capable of articulating the Company’s financial results.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Skills & Experience:
- Supervise others and principles of supervision/managing a team
- Principles and practice of accounting
- Automated accounting systems, records and files
- Accounting procedures for maintaining the general ledger
- Preparation of journal entries
- Credit extension practices.
- Sources of credit information
- Accounts payable procedures and controls
- Cash applications procedures
- Basic human resource policies and practices
- Project management
- Organization skills
- Excellent Communication skills (oral & written); no grammar or English comprehension issues
Co. offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision Care & Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Additional Voluntary Coverage Insurances, and many more.